Monday 28 March 2011

Guess who had to walk an old lady home today...

It finally happened. Regine turned on me. Guess who had to walk her home from work today...
Already at work I had a good guess what it could be; the "modified" coil had been neglected for some time. And right, the cable coming up from the coil was loose. 


Only one thing to do: Try to repair. Off with the screws, cut off the stripped cables coming through the Bakelite.

OK. So I get the picture now. The coil has been "fixed" at some point, and the only way to get cables through the tiny holes was to strip them. Wet stuff: WD40. 

My fix: Unsoldier old stripped cables, replace with new.


 But unlike the other fix I soldiered the cables on to the hole; the way I think it is original. 

Backdraw now: If I am to open the coil again, I would need to desoldier the cables. On the positive side: Water will not penetrate, and I would assume the coil is less prone for vibrations. 

Now: Did the fix work? I think the picture speaks for itself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment