Sunday 27 March 2011

Degreasing and status

Regine has worked perfectly most of the time I've had her, but the low kick is really annoying. Lately the kickstart has started to fail as well, sending the kickstart in the ground with some crunch noises from the gearbox. The gears definitively need some shimming soon. 

With the new Rally in house, I can compare the two bikes, and I must say I find the 180SS a bit on the slow side. I would think the cylinder compression is a bit on the low side, so an engine rebuild might be necessary -   but only after I've got license plates on the Rally. 

Anyway, weather in the weekend was flawless, and I was able to degrease and wash both Regine and the Rally. Here is the result.

The 180SS paint is crackelated and tanned. Mudguard has been repainted.

Good chassis though, the rims where resprayed yesteryear. 

1966 vs 1975. 

Same chassis, different appearances... 

But both are stunningly beautiful in their own way... 

No comments:

Post a Comment