Wednesday 9 September 2009

Low kickstart

I didn't notice this error on Regine when I first inspected her, it was dark and I was too satisfied with her starting on the first kick:

Notice the low kick?
The kick is extremely low placed...
The kick is so low placed that I need to be careful when turning to the right.
My first fix was to try to rearrange the kick by loosening it at turn it a notch on the splines, but the fastening bolt does not agree with that action.
I have posted the problem on Stellaspeed, but really not got any too good advice. 
1) either the kickstart axle is totally bent
2) or the kickstart gear is installed in a wrong way (not even sure if that is possible...)
Either way: I need to split the casings for fixing it properly. A new kickstart gear has been sourced, and I will sometime in the future fix this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment